Act 57 (Bill No. HB 267, 2004) establishes a nine (9) member panel, called the Elections Commission, which replaces the Elections and Appointment Review Panel.
|No meeting scheduled at this time|
To be added to the mailing list to receive notices for upcoming Elections Commission meetings, email [email protected] and provide your name, organization, and email address.
The Elections Commission is composed of the following:
- Two (2) members appointed by the Senate President
- Two (2) members appointed by the Senate Minority Leader
- Two (2) members appointed by the House Speaker
- Two (2) members appointed by the House Minority Leader
- One (1) member selected by a two-thirds vote of the Elections Commission to serve as Chairperson
Each group of four (4) Elections Commission members selected by each house will include (1) member from each of the four counties: Hawaii, Maui, Kauai, Oahu.
A person from the same county as the departing Elections member will fill a vacancy in the Elections Commission. If the vacancy is not filled within fifteen (15) days, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court will fill the vacancy.
|Name||Appointing Authority||Island Representation||Term Expiration Date|
|F.M. Scotty Anderson (Chairperson)|
|Clifford Motta||President of the Senate||Hawaii||June 30, 2022|
|William Dean||House Minority Leader||Hawaii||June 30, 2024|
|Lillian Koller||Senate Minority Leader||Maui||June 30, 2024|
|Jeffrey Kuwada||Speaker of the House||Maui||June 30, 2022|
|Carol Seielstad||Senate Minority Leader||Kauai||June 30, 2022|
|Michael Curtis||House Minority Leader||Kauai||June 30, 2022|
|Cynthia Takenaka||President of the Senate||Oahu||June 30, 2024|
|Stafford Kiguchi||Speaker of the House||Oahu||June 30, 2024|
The duties of the Elections Commission provided under Hawaii Revised Statutes §11-7.5 are as follows:
- Hold Public Hearings;
- Investigate and hold hearings for receiving evidence of any violations and complaints;
- Adopt rules pursuant to chapter 91;
- Employ, without regard to chapter 76, a full-time Chief Election Officer, pursuant to section 11-1.6; and;
- Advise the Chief Election Officer on matters relating to elections
|February 10, 2021||Supplemental Biennial Report to the Legislature on the Office of Elections|
|January 21, 2021||Biennial Report to the Legislature on the Office of Elections|
|December 26, 2018||Biennial Report to the Legislature on the Office of Elections|
|December 28, 2016||Biennial Report to the Legislature on the Office of Elections|
|April 7, 2015||Biennial Report to the Legislature on the Office of Elections|
|August 21, 2014||Chief Election Officer's Report to the Elections Commission|
For complete information, please refer to HRS §§ 11-7 through 11-9.
c/o Office of Elections
802 Lehua Avenue
Pearl City, Hawaii 96782
Phone: (808) 453-8683
Email: [email protected]
Last Updated on January 13, 2022