Voter Registration Drives
Thank you for your efforts to increase participation in the electoral process through assisting in registering voters in Hawaii.
The following are guidelines to keep in mind as you assist in registering voters:
- Be sure to point out the qualifications to register.
- Make sure that the registration application is fully completed. It is important to have a complete residence address or physical description of where the voter lives for county officials to place the voter in the proper voting precinct.
- If the applicant does not have a Hawaii Driver License or Hawaii State ID, have them provide their last four digits of the Social Security Number. If they do not have an SSN, have the applicant mark that they have no ID and their County Elections Division will provide a voter ID that will be associated with their voter registration record.
To request printed applications, please click here complete the Request Form or contact the Office of Elections at (808) 453-VOTE (8683) or email elections.hawaii.gov.
A maximum of 100 applications of each may be requested every thirty (30) days from the date of request.
Duplication of Voter Registration Applications
You have the option to photocopy the blank voter registration application for distribution. Applications must be photocopied in its entirety, including all instructions. When submitting the application to the County Elections Divisions, the applicant's signature must be the original.
- Must be a 1:1 reproduction of the application
- Panels must be 8.5" x 11
- Must not contain a glossy finish
- Must not be reproduced on newsprint quality paper
- Must be printed on white 20 weight bond paper or heavier; 70lb. text white wove offset is preferred.
For complete information on printing and duplication of applications, please refer to HAR §§3-172-23 and 3-174-5.
|Voter Registration Application (First time registration, Name change, Address change, Signature update)||One-Time Absentee Application (Request to receive a ballot at an alternate mailing address)|
|English||Voter Registration Application||One-Time Absentee Application|
|Chinese||Voter Registration Application||One-Time Absentee Application|
|Ilocano||Voter Registration Application||One-Time Absentee Application|
The affidavit on the Voter Registration Application includes a statement for voters with special needs to request an electronic ballot be emailed each election.
Pursuant to state law, campaign material and informational literature unrelated to voter registration cannot be included in, attached to, or affixed to voter registration applications.
We recommend that registrants submit their completed applications directly to their County Elections Division. If your group plans to submit completed applications on behalf of the registrants, please submit them directly to the respective County Elections Division
If you require special assistance (i.e. large print, taped materials, etc.) contact the Office of Elections at 453-VOTE (8683).
Last Updated on July 29, 2022